Apply to Vend
Applications for the 2020 season are OPEN!
Scroll to bottom of page to continue.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will be no Bellingham Farmers Market at Barkley Village in 2020. The BFM Board and staff are working diligently to secure a secondary market site by June, 2021. We will keep you posted on our progress. If you have any questions or comments, please email the Market Director, Lora Liegel, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL PRODUCTS MUST BE GROWN OR PRODUCED IN WHATCOM OR SKAGIT COUNTIES
- Effective Jan 1, 2020: Product liability insurance with not less than $1,000,000 minimum coverage is required of all approved vendors. You must submit proof of insurance AFTER market acceptance listing “Bellingham Farmers Market Association” as an additional insured.
- Only farm, craft, or prepared food items will be considered.
- Our markets are mostly outdoor. You must be prepared for the elements and be flexible. We cannot accommodate special set-up requirements. In general, stalls are 10×10 and displays must be wind-proof and able to be dismantled and packed up in less than 1.5 hours.
- If you are producing a food product, we highly recommend you contact the Whatcom County Health Department BEFORE completing an application with us. The Health Department can inform you of any special requirements, such as hand sinks, that will be required. There are also additional permitting costs associated with Health Department approval. ALL PREPARED FOOD PRODUCTS SOLD AT THE MARKET MUST HAVE EITHER DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH OR WSDA APPROVAL TO BE ELIGIBLE TO SELL AT OUR MARKET.
Saturday Downtown Market: The Depot Market Square is the permanent home of the Saturday Farmers Market located at 1100 Railroad Avenue in downtown Bellingham. This Market runs 10am-3pm, every Saturday from April through December. Most stalls are 10ft x 10ft with limited availability of half stalls and double stalls (for farmers only).
There are permanent coverings for many vendors, however, new vendors and vendors with low seniority will likely be required to move and to utilize canopies and tie-downs. Canopies must comply with BFM standards; equivalent to Easy Up, 10ft x 10ft WHITE. No exceptions will be made.
Annual Membership Fee(s) – Annual one -time payment:
Saturday – Due Upon Application Acceptance
Membership Fee (required): $120
Electrical fees for SCALES/LIGHTS per season: $5
*Electrical fess for APPLIANCES per season: $25
*Please note electricity is extremely limited. New vendors may not be eligible for electrical access and should be prepared to use an alternative source of power.
Daily Stall Fees:
If you are accepted to the Market, below is the rate sheet for vending fees. These fees are payable at the end of each vending day. This is a base amount or a % category commission, whichever is greater.
Saturday Market Season:
Daily Stall Fee is $32 or a % category commission
Prepared Food: 7.5%
Eastern WA Farmer: 10.5%
Service Providers: 9.5%